Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Wednesday Praying the Word

Making Disciples

Please Pray:
...that we would glorify God through making disciples,
fulfilling the Great Commandment (Mark 12:30-31)
and the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20).


1. The Great Commandment: Pray that we show our love for God and each other.
30 “ ‘And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment. 31And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
Mark 12:30-31

12This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.  
John 15:12

35By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.
John 13:35

20“I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; 21that they all may be one; as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You, that they also may be one in Us; that the world may believe that You sent Me.”
John 17:20-21

2(F)ulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord of one mind. 3Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.
Philippians 2:2-4

10Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 
1 Corinthians 1:10

14For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 
Galatians 5:14

2. The Great Commission: Pray that we would be disciples of Christ, making disciples.
18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
Matthew 28:18-20

Ø    For our families to grow together as disciples.
15“Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord”
Joshua 24:15
1Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it.
Psalm 127:1

2That the older men be sober, reverent, temperate, sound in faith, in love, in patience; 3the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things. 4that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed. 6Likewise exhort the young men to be sober-minded.
Titus 2:2-6

19Husbands, love your wives and do not be bitter toward them.
Colossians 3:19

1Likewise, you wives, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives, 2when they observe your chaste conduct accompanied by fear. 7Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered.
1 Peter 3:1-2, 7
20Children, obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing to the Lord. 21Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged.        
Colossians 3:18-21

9 How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word. 10With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments! 11Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.
Psalm 119:9-11

12Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
1 Timothy 4:12

1Remember now your Creator in the days of your youth, before the difficult days come and the years draw near when you say, “I have no pleasure in them.”
Ecclesiastes 12:1

Ø   For singles and their children to be discipled, using this season to glorify Him
7 For I wish that all men were even as I myself. But each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that. 8But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am.
1 Corinthians 7:7-8
32b He who is unmarried cares for the things of the Lord--how he may please the Lord. 34b The unmarried woman cares about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit.
1 Corinthians 7:32b, 34b

Ø    In our lives. Pray we would bear fruit following Christ.


8By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
John 15:8
And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.
Luke 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm new to blogging so please drop me a line.