Numbers and Angels
A Numerical Study of Angels
(mentioned 72 times in Greek)
Seven Individual Angels
1. JESUS’ ANGEL
Revelation 1:1 - The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants--things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John. - "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star."
2. A STRONG (MIGHTY) ANGEL
Revelation 5:2 - Then I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, "Who is worthy to open the scroll and to loose its seals?"
3. AN ANGEL ASCENDING FROM THE EAST
Revelation 7:2 - Then I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God. And he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea,
4. AN ANGEL WITH THE PRAYERS OF THE SAINTS
Revelation 8:3 - Then another angel, having a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. 4 - And the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, ascended before God from the angel's hand. 5 - Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and threw it to the earth. And there were noises, thunderings, lightnings, and an earthquake.
5. THE DEMONIC ANGEL
Revelation - And they had as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon (Destruction), but in Greek he has the name Apollyon (Destroyer). (Note Rev. 9:1b - And I saw a star fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit.)
6. AN ANGEL STANDING IN THE SUN
Revelation 19:17 - Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, "Come and gather together for the supper of the great God,
7. THE ANGEL OF THE LORD GOD
Revelation 22:6 - Then he said to me, "These words are faithful and true." And the Lord God of the holy prophets sent His angel to show His servants the things which must shortly take place.
A TRIO OF THREE ANGELS RELATED TO HEAVEN
THREE ANGELS FLYING IN THE MIDST OF HEAVEN
1. Revelation - And I looked, and I heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, "Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the remaining blasts of the trumpet of the three angels who are about to sound!" Revelation 14:6 - Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth--to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people--
2. Revelation 14:8 - And another angel followed, saying, "
Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great
city, because she has made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her
3. Revelation 14:9 - Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand,
THREE ANGELS COMING DOWN OUT OF HEAVEN
1. Revelation 10:1 - I saw still another mighty angel coming down from heaven, clothed with a cloud. And a rainbow was on his head, his face was like the sun, and his feet like pillars of fire. 2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth, 3 And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices. 5 The angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land raised up his hand to heaven…8 - Then the voice which I heard from heaven spoke to me again and said, "Go, take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel who stands on the sea and on the earth." 9 - So I went to the angel and said to him, "Give me the little book." And he said to me, "Take and eat it; and it will make your stomach bitter, but it will be as sweet as honey in your mouth." 10 - Then I took the little book out of the angel's hand and ate it, and it was as sweet as honey in my mouth. But when I had eaten it, my stomach became bitter.
2. Revelation 18:1 - After these things I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was illuminated with his glory. 2 - And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying,
Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and
is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a
cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
21 - Then a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone
and threw it into the sea, saying, "Thus with violence the great city Babylon shall be thrown
down, and shall not be found anymore.
3. Revelation 20:1 - Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 - He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3 - and he cast him into the bottomless pit...
THREE ANGELS OUT OF THE HEAVENLY
(FROM THE ALTAR) TEMPLE
1. Revelation - And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to Him who sat on the cloud, "Thrust in Your sickle and reap, for the time has come for You to reap, for the harvest of the earth is ripe."
2. Revelation - Then another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle. 19 - So the angel thrust his sickle into the earth and gathered the vine of the earth, and threw it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
3. Revelation 14:18 - And another angel came out from the altar, who had power over fire, and he cried with a loud cry to him who had the sharp sickle, saying, "Thrust in your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth, for her grapes are fully ripe."
TWO SETS OF FOUR ANGELS RELATED TO EARTH
FOUR ANGELS AT FOUR CORNERS
Revelation 7:1 - After these things I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, on the sea, or on any tree. 2 - Then I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God. And he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea,
FOUR ANGELS BOUND AT
Revelation - saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, "Release the four angels who are bound at the great river
15 - So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour and day and
month and year, were released to kill a third of mankind.
A TRIO OF SEVEN ANGELS RELATED TO JUDGMENT
SEVEN ANGELS OF THE SEVEN CHURCHES IN
1. Revelation 2:1 - To the angel of the church of Ephesus write,'These things says He who holds the seven stars in His right hand, who walks in the midst of the seven golden lampstands:
2. Revelation 2:8 - And to the angel of the church in
write,'These things says the First and the Last, who was dead, and came to
3. Revelation - And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write,'These things says He who has the sharp two-edged sword:
4. Revelation - And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write,'These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass:
5. Revelation 3:1 - And to the angel of the church in
write,'These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven
stars: "I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but
you are dead.
6. Revelation 3:7 - And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write,'These things says He who is holy, He who is true, "He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens":
7. Revelation - And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write,'These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God:
SEVEN ANGELS WITH TRUMPETS
Revelation 8:2 - And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and to them were given seven trumpets.
Revelation 8:6 - So the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.
Revelation 8:7 - The first angel sounded: And hail and fire followed, mingled with blood, and they were thrown to the earth. And a third of the trees were burned up, and all green grass was burned up.
Revelation 8:8 - Then the second angel sounded: And something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood.
Revelation 8:10 - Then the third angel sounded: And a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water.
Revelation - Then the fourth angel sounded: And a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them were darkened. A third of the day did not shine, and likewise the night.
Revelation 9:1 - Then the fifth angel sounded: And I saw a star fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit.
Revelation - Then the sixth angel sounded: And I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God,
Revelation - saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, "Release the four angels who are bound at the great river
Revelation 10:7 - but in the days of the sounding of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, the mystery of God would be finished, as He declared to His servants the prophets.
Revelation - Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!"
SEVEN ANGELS WITH SEVEN PLAGUES
Revelation 15:6 - And out of the temple came the seven angels having the seven plagues, clothed in pure bright linen, and having their chests girded with golden bands. 7 - Then one of the four living creatures gave to the seven angels seven golden bowls full of the wrath of God who lives forever and ever. 8 - The temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God and from His power, and no one was able to enter the temple till the seven plagues of the seven angels were completed.
Revelation 16:1 - Then I heard a loud voice from the temple saying to the seven angels, "Go and pour out the bowls* of the wrath of God on the earth." 2 - So the first went and poured out his bowl upon the earth, and a foul and loathsome sore came upon the men who had the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image.
Revelation 16:3 - Then the second angel poured out his bowl on the sea, and it became blood as of a dead man; and every living creature in the sea died.
Revelation 16:4 - Then the third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood. 5 - And I heard the angel of the waters saying: "You are righteous, O Lord, The One who is and who was and who is to be, Because You have judged these things.
Revelation 16:8 - Then the fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and power was given to him to scorch men with fire.
Revelation - Then the fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and his kingdom became full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues because of the pain.
Revelation - Then the sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river
Euphrates, and its water was dried up, so that the way of
the kings from the east might be prepared.
Revelation 16:17 - Then the seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, "It is done!"
SEVEN GROUPINGS OF NUMEROUS ANGELS
THE FATHER’S ANGELS
Revelation 3:5 – He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.
MANY ANGELS AROUND THE THRONE
Revelation - Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne, the living creatures, and the elders; and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands,
ALL THE ANGELS AROUND THE THRONE
Revelation - All the angels stood around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God,
FIGHTING ANGELS (WITH MICHAEL)
Revelation 12:7 - And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought,
Revelation 14:9-10 - Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
Revelation 12:9 - So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
TWELVE ANGELS AT THE GATES
Revelation - Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of